There is no wrong way to spin a fidget spinner. Whatever feels comfortable or natural to you is the best way to use a fidget spinner. Sometimes different spinners call for different approaches to spinning. Yet some spinners are better for fidgeting back and forth. Premium quality finger spinners are better for long two-handed spins. Larger spinners may need a ring finger flick, while a smaller compact spinner is more comfortably flicked back and forth with your index finger. Below are two main methods to spin a fidget spinner.
Flick Forward Method
This is the most basic way to spin a fidget spinner with one hand and the easiest spin to perform. It works with any fidget spinner shape or size.
- Grip the spinner by the buttons with your thumb and index finger.
- Flick forward with your ring finger contacting the spinner with the top of your spin finger somewhere around the base of the fingernail.
- For some fidget spinners it’s better to load the spinner into starting position by first pulling it back before giving it a powerful flick forward.
Snap Back Method
Instead of flicking forward, you can pull it back. This one handed spin works great for bar and tri spinners.
- Grip the spinner by the buttons with your thumb and index finger just like in flick method.
- Using your ring finger, push against the body of the fidget spinner so you have a hold of it preventing it from spinning pressing toward your body if you're holding the spinner perpendicular to the ground.
- Use a snapping back motion with your ring finger towards your hand to spin the fidget spinner.